Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Potatoes with butter and soy sauce

They say failure to plan is a sure way to fail. 

I say 'even with a plan, failure still comes my way!' My 'I'm invincible and surer-than-sure' attitude landed me in a mess today. What I was so sure was salad cream turned out to be mayonaise! (><) And with that no tuna pasta today.


What I did make, turned out to be something even better! Potatoes with butter and soy sauce from Makiko Itoh in just hungry. And it's so easy (^^)


Sorry, too lazy to re-type the recipe again. You should be able to read this or head over to just hungry.

As usual, I tweaked the recipe a bit by adding carrots to make it a more balanced meal. I also added meatballs (from IKEA) during the last 15 minutes of the bake because I was too lazy to cook them. 


Everything turned out beautifully!


The combination of butter with soy sauce is just heavenly. Ok, so I added way too much butter.. how do you measure 2 tablespoons of butter, anyways? I'll just have to remember to use less next time. 

Oh, yes, there will be a next time! And many many other next time.. This is a keeper!