Saturday, March 17, 2012

Moist blueberry cream cheese butter cake

I love the very idea of blueberries and cream cheese! It sounds delicious already (^^)


This is a recipe adapted from cook republic. You can also see an interpretation of this recipe by maameemoomoo ~ mixed berries cream cheese butter cake. So shy, my pictures look so amateurish compared to cook republic's and maameemoomoo's.. well, always room for improvement (^^||).  

Blueberry cream cheese butter cake (adapted from cook republic)

1 1/2 cups caster sugar (I used 1 cup.. save 1/2 cup to beat with egg whites later)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
150g blueberries, fresh or frozen
2 1/4 cups self-raising flour, sifted
250g butter, softened (unsalted)
250g PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese
1/3 cup milk (I added 1/2 cup milk, I wanted it really moist!)
3 eggs (I separated yolks and whites)

1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celcius
2. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs (yolks) one at a time until fluffy. Add the cream cheese and milk. Beat until smooth.
3. Mix in flour until combined.
4. I was afraid that the cake might become too dense and not raising (too many bad experiences), so I decided to separate the eggs and beat the egg whites with some sugar till stiff. Gently fold it into the batter. 
5. Fold in the blueberries with a light hand. 
If using square pan, bake for approximately 50 minutes until a skewer in the middle comes out clean. Bake the loaf pan for approximately 35 minutes. If making cupcakes, 30 minutes will do.


As you can see, I baked them into cupcakes.. again. I'm trying to fool baby and chubby pig into eating this. They are not fans of fruits.. in any way! I'm just trying my luck. No luck, baby doesn't like the blueberries.. he likes the cake fine, but thinks it would be better if there was no "fruit jelly" in it! I don't think I'd be lucky with chubby either (><||) Kids! They say they like blueberry/strawberry cupcake.. but no fruit in it, please!

success ~ beautiful, wonderful texture!

Doesn't this look yummy? I made 12 cupcakes and 2 small loaves of cake out of this recipe. And it all turned out really well! Deliciously moist..and oh-so familiar... hmm, wait a minute! This tastes just like the cream cheese pound cake I made not too long ago! Sans the blueberries!


Yikes! After comparing both recipes, they are similar.. the proportion of butter, cream cheese, sugar and flour is almost the same too. No wonder this tastes familiar (^^).. And I still can't taste the cream cheese (??!!!) Tomorrow, maybe?


Anyways, fatty hubby really enjoyed this bake. He had 3 cupcakes in one night! And big pig  (and mama pig) likes it too, though he can't have too much 'cos papa pig's watching.. Let's see what chubby thinks.. And see how the flavors develop by tomorrow (^^)


Deliciously fluffy-smooth (?!) and moist!


No comments: