Pavlova is a super easy and super yummy dessert that baby (and big) loves! And it's an expensive (?!) store-bought dessert that is totally unjustified due to the minimum effort and cost of making/assembling it!
It's also a dessert that baby classifies as "FASCINATING".. ???!!! (^^)
Well, I guess pavlova (with all the works! ^^) does give off a sexy and elegant vibe.. think cool.. chic.. melt-in-the-mouth.. ooh-la-la luscious.. (^^) See call me cupcake's pavlova post to get the real deal on sexy pavlova.. my pictures are as usual a bad reference point ^^||.
Pavlova (recipe from call me cupcake)
4 egg whites
200g caster sugar
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp white vinegar
400ml whipping cream
2 tbsp icing sugar
Fruits, fresh or canned, diced or sliced.. up to own preference
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Beat egg whites till foamy, and add sugar a little at a time till stiff peaks form. Mix in cornstarch and vinegar till well combined.
3. Trace a circle (size of own preference.. otherwise don't bother and do it freestyle! ^^) on a baking paper, and fill up with meringue. Make a well in the middle or have slightly higher sides.
4. Turn down oven to 100C, and bake for 1 1/2 hours. When done, LEAVE IN oven to cool completely (I didn't see this ^^|| but no harm done, I think ^^)
5. For topping, beat whipping cream with sugar till soft peaks form (do not overbeat). Prepare fruits just before assembling.
6. Serve pavlova chilled with a generous topping of whipped cream and fresh fruits. Enjoy! (^^)