Tuesday, October 8, 2013

a boozy treat for big ^^


Big pig turned 17 yesterday. ^^

And his good aunt, that's me ^^ baked him a boozy cheesecake! In his favorite ice-cream flavor, rum n raisin ~ oh, yums!

Rum n raisin cheesecake (recipe adapted from Alex Goh's blueberry cheesecake recipe)
~ makes 12 cupcakes (easy share of happiness and fat! ^^) 

250g cream cheese
50g sugar
15g flour
2 egg yolks
200ml sour cream
2 egg whites
35g sugar
10g cornflour
150 - 200g raisins & sultanas, macerate for 5 days in lots of rum ^^

1. Prepare water bath and preheat oven to 150C.

2. Cream 50g sugar and cream cheese till light and fluffy.

3. Mix in flour till well combined.

4. Add in egg yolks, and beat till light and creamy.

5. Pour sour cream into cream cheese mixture and mix well. Do not over beat.

6. Fold in raisins till well combined.

7. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and 35g sugar till stiff. Do not over beat. Gently fold in cornflour.

8. Mix in egg whites mixture to cream cheese mixture gently till well combined.

9. Line a 6 or 7" round cake tin or 12-cupcake tins. Fill up cake or cupcake cases till 3/4 or almost full.

10. Bake in water bath for 90 minutes for a whole cake, or 45-50 minutes if using cupcake/muffin tins. Leave cheesecake to cool in the oven with the door slightly ajar.

11. Refrigerate overnight. Serve with more rum-laced raisins, if you like ^^.

* Note: I reduced the quantity of flours from the original cheesecake recipe, hence my cheesecakes actually cracked, but they came together again when cooled.. Anyways, I have no problem with cracked tops ^^ I'd rather that than "floury-tasting" cheesecakes! ^^

I really like this cheesecake base recipe. Not only is it wonderful with blueberry, it's also totally yummy-licious with apple! And it rocks rum n raisin too! Soooooooo delish!!!!!!! I mean it! ^^

Big loves this cheesecake ^^ So do we! ^^ ^^ ^^

2 comments:

Mel said...

Rum & raisins cheesecake....the name already sound delicious not to say had a bite into the mouth. I think baking it into the muffin pan would cut short the baking time, right? Are you trying to get big pig slowly starting his boozy drink trying to bake it in cheesecake now that he is 17 already.....lol!! Anyway thanks for this recipe....I might try this one day.

hui said...

Big pig and baby pig doesn't need any introduction to booze.. they are very well acquainted with it already, haha! I'm the poor drinker in the family.. I don't even like shandy! But I don't mind rum n stuff in my cakes ^^
If you do try this recipe one day, and you don't like your tops cracked, do follow d original recipe in the blueberry cheesecake post. ^^
Did I say this cheesecake is good? It's very very very very very good! ^^