Happy Birthday, Chubby! ^^
Bailey's choc chip cheesecake (recipe adapted from here)
~ fits a 9 or 10-inch square tin
200-220g oreos, crushed (or use crushed graham crackers+2tbsps cocoa powder+2tbsps icing sugar)
80g unsalted butter, melted
500g cream cheese
200ml sour cream
3 egg yolks
125ml/10 tbsps bailey's irish cream
2 tbsps flour, sifted
100g chopped dark chocolate/choc chips3 egg whites
100g dark chocolate
3-4 tbsps bailey's chocolate luxe, optional
1. Mix crushed oreos and melted butter together. Press crushed cookies evenly into a lined baking tin, till nice and firm. Bake in a preheated oven of 170C for 10-15 minutes. Remove and leave to cool. If lazy, omit the baking part and just stuff the crust into the fridge and chill for a bit..
2. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese till light and fluffy. Then add sugar till well blended.
3. Fold in the sour cream into the cheese batter.
4. Gently mix in the egg yolks one at a time till well combined. Next add bailey's irish cream.
5. Fold in the flour and the chopped chocolates.
6. In a clean bowl, beat egg whites till foamy, and add the sugar bit by bit. Beat till soft peaks form (no need to beat till stiff unlike for chiffon cake).
7. Mix 1/3 egg whites mixture into cheese batter till well combined. Fold the rest in gently.
8. Place batter over crust and bake bain marie in a preheated oven of 150C for 50-55 minutes (the center should still be a wee bit jiggly ^^). Leave to cool in the oven with the door slightly ajar for about 1 hour.
9. In a clean bowl, melt chocolate and cream over a pot of simmering water. Add bailey's chocolate luxe, optional.
10. Spread chocolate frosting over warm cheesecake. Chill in the fridge overnight before serving.
Hehe.. so I drizzled a bit of salted caramel over Chubby's cake. But let me assure you, it's creamy, dreamy, melt-in-the-mouth, and just as delish, without the liquid gold ^^